Company: East West Industries (http://ewi.ewmfg.com/)
Position: Electronic Sourcing Engineer (open for Junior – Senior levels)
- Report to the Sourcing Manager/ Sourcing Supervisor.
- Handle BOM translation from quotation to sampling and then production in ERP system.
- Handle the technical part of electronic RFQ:
- Initial review to clarify customer requirements and specifications
- Cross checks parts to cost down or reduce lead-times
- Quote operations, consumables and tooling (cooperate with SMT)
- Final review to close the RFQ.
- Search and validate alternative electronic components to listed parts in product BOMs; collaborating with customers, developers and sourcing officers.
- Review sampling BOMs to identify components with special requirements.
- Review BoMs and AVLs for regulatory/environmental compliance as needed (RoHS, etc.)
- Maintain electronic BOMs in ERP system and perform review of existing BOMs.
- Define, upload and maintain electronic components data for SMT department in ERP system.
- Provide Electronics Component Engineering support for all East West locations and collaborate with Engineering and Project Managers at all East West locations
- Work with Global Supply Chain team on other Component Engineering projects as needed
- Receive all PCNs/EOL notices from suppliers, distributors and Silicon Expert software for electronic components used at all EW locations. Handle PCNs by either determining that they do not affect Form, Fit and Function or determining that they do. If they do, inform Engineering and Project Managers at the appropriate East West location and propose a solution (likely okay to still use, or suggest removing that MPN from the Approved Vendor List (AVL) and possibly propose new MPNs).
- Review BoMs to determine components going EOL/obsolete or expected to be EOL/obsolete, then propose plan (alternate source, last time buy) to Procurement, Engineering and Project Managers at all East West locations.
- Perform other tasks as required by Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Mechatronics
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- General knowledge about electronic components
- At least 2 years’ experience in SMT/PCBA or electronic development field
- Good written and spoken English
- Good analytical skills
- Probation time: 2 months with 100% salary
- Budget training (yearly) for your own
- Professional internal/ external training
- Working time: Monday – Friday (8:00 – 16:45)
- Rotating Saturday 9 days/ year for 1st year. 08:00 – 16:00 on Sat. From 2nd year onward it would be 6 days/ year.
- Colleagues: Friendly and well cooperate.
- Competitive salary with labor market.
- Yearly Bonus: 2 – 2.5 months
- Health care insurance + Accident insurance
- Teambuilding one time per year
- Year-end party
- Annual leave: 12- 16 days/ year